Everton vs Newcastle United: Who’s going to be victorious tomorrow?
Everton will be up against Newcastle United in the Premier League tomorrow at Goodison park. The two teams are performing pretty well and it’s an important game.
Everton currently sits at the 18th place on the Premier League table and has not been great this season. But more importantly, they won an important game against Nottingham Forest, 1-0, that should help their spirits in this next game.
Alternatively, Newcastle United is at sixth position of a league table and have been impressive this season. In their last encounter, they shocked everyone with a 1-0 victory over Manchester United, and they will be looking to carry on this form in the next fixture.
As far as the Everton vs Newcastle United history goes, Everton have upper hand. In 75 of the 182 matches played against each other, Everton won against Newcastle.
But this is a modern day situation where Newcastle United has managed to succeed. In the recent Premier league meetings between Everton and Newcastle United, Newcastle United has defeated Everton five times out of six. However, in the twenty-four matches that led up to that period, they lost only as many times.
Newcastle United have won against Everton in the previous season with a score of 4–1 and wishing to make consecutive successive wins outside their home court since as far back as 1960.
In the last few midweek games in the Premier League, Everton have found it difficult to cope. They have conceded four goals in their last three mid-week games, and they have lost their last four midweek matches.
However, Newcastle United has been unstoppable in midweek fixtures. In their recent three midweek Premier League games they have scored 13 goals each.
Team News: Everton
Here are some key points about Everton:
- Recently, Everton won three out of their last five Premier League games, drew once, but lost once.
- They want to make it two league wins in a row that have not been repeated for over twelve months.
- Recently, they have not displayed a good form, at their home ground, Goodison Park. In their last 12 top-flight matches there, they only managed two wins, one draw, and eight losses.
- Everton has had problems of scoring goals at home in this Premier League season where it failed to score in four of its home games.
- Opening the scoring has been one of the areas that Everton has performed well in, having scored first in four of the five Premier League matches it has played recently. With 10 wins and 4 draws under manager Sean Dyche, they are formidable in the league when they score first.
- Indeed, out of the eight goals scored by Everton at Goodison Park, all came from different goal scorers, evidencing a balanced attack.
- Everton have not been doing very well in midweek Premier League games recently. They have not won any of their four midweek matches and have conceded a minimum of four goals in each of the last three, including a 4-1 beating by Newcastle earlier this year.
Team News: Newcastle United
Here are some key points about Newcastle:
- This year, Newcastle would be hoping to secure their third consecutive league win for the second time.
- Nevertheless, their away from Premier League lately has not been amazing. They haven’t won a single of their last three away games in eight games away; one win, four draws and three losses.
- One noteworthy point in Newcastle’s history is a single away win with a score of eight (nil) to zero against Sheffield United in the Premier League this season. They have managed to score a total of five goals in all of their other five league away matches.
- Newcastle has lost for times in the previous 14 Premier league games under the managerial era of Eddie Howe. That’s more losses than they faced in the entire previous season where they only lost just five games.
- Newcastle is winning in their recent midweek games. They have won their last three midweek game by the aggregate of 13-3.
- The manager, Eddie Howe, has a good record against Everton in the Premier league. As manager, he holds seven wins over Everton and this is the highest number of defeats he has registered in the first division.
Here are some key statistics about Newcastle United:
- In the case of Newcastle United, the team has been victorious in five of their last six games played against Everton in all contests.
- Newcastle has been doing well in the Premier League losing only once in seven out of their past eight games.
- Goal-scoring has been very productive for Newcastle with 32 goals scored in 14 games. They are the third top scorers in the table.
- The recent draws of Newcastle at least, three out of the latest three away fixtures in the league, illustrate they can collect points on the road.