Estonia vs Austria: Can Estonia change their luck today?
So far, Austria haven’t gained a point in any of their qualifying matches and last month recorded their fourth defeat of this year at home against Azerbaijan. Though, they demonstrated certain progress during the last friendly when they managed to tie with Thailand – 1:1.
Estonia have equally suffered with the qualifiers losing most of their six games scoring just twice against them. The worst part is their home game record, where they have lost eight successive Qualifiers without getting to score at least in six games. It may pose a thorn to them having conceded 17 goals in their last five home qualifier matches.
However, team die Mannschaft lost just once from the last 10 matches of all tournaments but they were beaten at the end by Belgium at home about a month ago. In fact, these teams are very strong when playing on the opponents’ pitch, drawing no defeats in their last four, three of them won.
Let’s watch today’s match highlights:
1st half begins!
- Off side by Konrad Laimer in the third minute of Austria’s David Alaba passes.
- Estonia’s Georgi Tunjov tries and misses a left-footed shot from the right side of the box in the 4th minute. Martin Miller provided the assist.
- Another miss for Estonia in the fourth minute. Vlasiy Sinyavskiy takes a left footed effort from extremely close, only just over. Georgi Tunjov provided the opportunity.
- Georgia’s Georgi Tunjov makes a foul in the 7th minute.
- A foul against Christoph Baumgartner of Austria earns a free kick on the right wing.
- Maximilian Wöber from Austria makes a left-footed shot from outside the box in the 8th min, missing to the right.
- Once again, it’s offside for Estonia in the 13th minute. The forward pass by Karl Hein to Henri Anier was premature.
- A blocked attempt by Austria in the 15th minute. The stoppage of Xaver Schlager’s left-footed shot from outside the box. Nicolas Seiwald provided the assist.
- Austrian player Michael Gregoritsch’s left-footed shot from the left side of the six-yard box is saved at the bottom left corner in the 18th minute. Maximilian Wöber assisted the attempt.
- At 23rd minute, Markus Poom from Estonia attempts a left-footed strike to the left side of the target, only to go past the goalpost at right. Henri Anier provided the assist.
- Fifteen minutes later, goal for Austria! An assist from Xaver Schlager, Lainer scores with a left-footed shot from the centre into the middle of the goal. Estonia 0, Austria 1.
- Marcel Sabitzer of Austria shoots wide in the 27th minute. They were not to the right, but higher and wider. Christoph Baumgartner assisted the attempt.
- At the 32nd minute, Austria gets a corner following the conceding one by Maksim Paskotsi from Estonia.
- Then, at the 35th minute, Martin Vetkal wins a free kick for his squad at their own end.
- Austrian Christoph Baumgartner fouls.
- Estonia’s Karl Hein, but Henri Anier is offside.
- Austria receives a blow from Michael Gregoritsch’s header in the 38th minute of the match. Sabitzer made an assist on the play.
- Karol Mets from Estonia gives up another corner for Austria.
- Goal for Austria! Philipp Lienhart heads in from a corner with an assist from David Alaba’s cross. Austria leads 2-0.
- At the 41st minute, Vlasiy Sinyavskiy of Estonia tries a shot outside the box but hits the frame instead.
- Austrian two shots from Marcel Sabitzer and Konrad Laimer are deflected.
- Vlasiy Sinyavskiy wins another free kick Estonia in the 43rd minute.
- The Austrian Stefan Posch commits a foul.
- Schlager from Austria commits another foul in the 45th minute, resulting in another free kick in favor of Sinyavskiy.
- Estonia 0 vs Austria 2 in the 45+1 minute first half.
- Substitution for Austria: Marko Arnautovic replaces Konrad Laimer.
2nd Half Begins!!!
- At the 46th minute Karol Mets of Estonia, fouls.
- Austrian, Christoph Baumgartner wins a free kick.
- In the 49th minute, another attempt comes from Austria: Michael Gregoritsch tries a left-footed shot from outside the box, but it flies too high. Xaver Schlager provided the assist.
- Michael Gregoritsch again fails to score for Austria after taking a left footed shot at the centre of the box in the 52nd minute.
- in 56th min., Markus Poom (Estonia) makes a pass, Anier is offside.
- In the 59th minute, Estonia makes two substitutions: Rocco Shein replaces Georgi Tunjov, while Oliver Jürgens fills in for Henri Anier.
- At the 62nd minute, Maksim Paskotsi, from Estonia, commits a foul. Austria’s Marko Arnautovic gets a free kick.
- Austria makes substitutions: Sasa Kalajdzic substitutes Michael Gregoritsch while Romano Schmid replaces Christoph Baumgartner.
- Savior at 63-minute mark saves Kalajdzic’s shot for Austria.
- Maximilian Wöber’s support of Marko Arnautovic who missed the shot in 64th minute.
- At the 67th minute of the match, Romano Schmid saves a shot from Austria’s Stefan Posch.
- In the 68th minute, an Estonian player Martin Vetkal gains a free kick.
- Fouling – Nicolas Seiwald from Austria.
- Marcel Sabitzer provides the ball to Maximilian Wöber in minute 69 and he misses the ball.
- In the 70th minute, Estonia makes more substitutions: Bogdan Vastsuk is replaced by Sergei Zenjov, and Artur Pikk substitutes for Martin Miller.
- In the 71st minute, Austria’s corner, scored by Artur Pikk.
- By the 73rd minute, Joonas Tamm of Estonia makes a foul. Austria is awarded a free kick, thanks to Sasa Kalajdzic.
- Vlasiy Sinyavskiy helps to block Markus Poom’s shot for Estonia in the 74th minute.
- Substitution by Matthias Seidl for Austria in 75 minutes.
- In the 96th minute, they conceed a corner to Estonia, by Matthias Seidl.
- In the 79th minute, there is awarded a free kick to Markus Poom from Estonia in their own defensive half after being done with by Sasa Kalajdzic from Austria.
- In the 82nd minute, Estonia makes a substitution: Rasmus Peetson replaces Markus Poom.
- Rocco Shein in the 83rd minute for Estonia by R. Peetson.
- An injury to Austria’s Marko Arnautovic in the 84th minute brings about the delay in the match.
- Martin Vetkal assists Oliver Jürgens from Estonia to have a shot in the 88th minute.
- Austria makes a substitution: Florian Kainz replaces Marcel Sabitzer.
- Martin Vetkal from Estonia’s 89th minute handball.
- David Alaba from Austria failed to assist his teammate, Philipp Lienhart, from shooting a goal in the 90th minute.
- During the 90’+1 minute, an Estonian player, Sergei Zenjov commits an offence.
- In the 90′ +1′ minute, Austria’s Nicolas Seiwald wins a free kick in the defensive half.
- A foul is committed by Maksim Paskotsi from Estonia in 90′+2″ minute.
- Sasa Kalajdzic of Austin gains a free kick in the defense line.
- At 90’+3″, Austria defeats Estonia by two goals to nil.
The game ended with Austria winning 2-0 against Estonia. The outcome shows that Austria was on top of her game as she scored twice but Estonia tried in vain to crack their defense. It was clear evidence that Austria had the tactic and ability to execute thus earning them deserved a win.