Montenegro vs Lithuania: Can Lithuania win today?
Going against Lithuania would be the only thing Pride Montenegra leader Miodrag Radulovic has to play with as the latter has nothing else but pride left to play for after the Podgorica match ends the Euro 2024 qualification campaign with L They should win their last two matches in the qualifying round and hope for a top-two finish. Therefore, Montenegro may adopt an attacking style of play in most, if not all, of their matches.
Montenegro has scored more recently high-scoring games such as a 3-2 win in a friendly match against Lebanon and a Uzbekistan qualifier 3-1 loss to Serbia. The team’s next game against Lithuania is also expected to contain more than 3.5 goals.
Let’s take a look at today’s highlights:
- At the 1st minute of the match itself Montenegro was awarded with a corner kick that was given to Edvinas Gertmonas of Lithuania. It provides an opportunity for Montenegro to explore this set-piece situation to benefit in this case.
- Goal for Montenegro in the 2nd minute. Montenegro has taken the lead over Lithuania from Edvin Kuc’s fantastic right-foot shot outside the box directly to the bottom-left side. A goal, assisted by Stevan Jovetic, makes it Montenegro 1-0 Lithuania. This reflects the attacking power of Montenegro that may be decisive for the match outcome now.
- In the 5th minute, Montenegro has booked Stevan Jovetic for a foul. This shows a change in play with Lithuania given a chance to level the score or even get a shot.
- Lithuania’s Pijus Sirvys attempted a header shot from the box in the 7th minute but it went wide to the left. It followed the attempt by Gvidas Gineitis when he headed the set piece play.
- In the 14th, Montenegro’s Nikola Krstovic kicked the ball from the middle, but it did not get through. Milutin Osmajic provided the assist.
- Driton Caamaj from Montenegro fouled in 16th minute.
- A right footed shot from Driton Camaj of Montenegro in the 19th minute was saved at the bottom right corner. Stevan Jovetic provided the assist.
- For instance, in the 22nd minute, Milutin Osmajic from Montenegro made an attempt to score using his right foot from right side of the box but it was too high.
- Igor Vujacic from Montenegro was given a yellow card in the 27th minute due to a bad foul.
- Slobodan Rubezic of Montenegro was booked in the 31st minute for a bad foul.
- At the 33rd minute Risto Radunovic of Montenegro got a yellow card for committing a bad foul.
- At the 40th minute, Modestas Vorobjovas of Lithuania had been booked with a yellow card for a bad foul.
- The 42nd minute saw a foul committed by Fedor Cernych from Lithuania.
- After the first half-time, Milutin Osmajic from Montenegro scored an illegal tackle.
- The score became 2-0 when Stevan Jovetic scored for Montenegro in the 47 minutes. Driton Camaj assisted him in making a left-footed shot from the left side of the box which hit the bottom right corner.
- Vykintas Slivka of Lithuania fouled in the 51st minute.
- Montenegro’s Stevan Jovetic had a header which was saved in the middle of the goal after 55 minutes. Risto Radunovic crossed for an assist.
- The foul from the player number 7 of Lithuania, Edgaras Utkus, was bad, and he was booked in the 56th Minute.
- In the 62nd minute, one of Montenegro’s players, Slobodan Rubezic, made a right-footed shot from the outside box, which failed to hit the target. Edvin Kuc provided an assist to this shot.
- During the 66th minute, Stevan Jovetic, representing Montenegro, shot a right-footed shot from outside the box; however, it was saved in the center of the goal. Nikola Krstovic provided the assist.
- At 70 minutes, Slobodan Rubezic from Montenegro took a headed attempt at the centre of the box, which however was blocked. Driton Camaj furnished the cross.
- In the 71st minute, Driton Camaj of Montenegro was issued a yellow because of bad foul.
- Arvydas Novikovas, a Lithuanian, received a free-kick in the attacking half in the 73rd minute.
- Justas Lasickas of Lithuania was booked at the 75th minute of the match for committing a really poor foul play.
- At the 79th minute, Gytis Paulusakas from Lithuania fired a left-footed shot from the right side of the six-yard-box, but it was very close and went wide on the right side. Klaudijus Upstas offered the cross.
- In the 81st minute, Lithuania’s Arvydas Novikovas gained a free kick in the defensive field of play.
- In the 82nd minute, Dusan Bakic, Montenegro tried header from centre of the box and it went to the left side. Cross came from Marko Vukcevic after a corner.
- In the 86 minutes, a free kick was given for Klaudijus Upstas from Lithuania in the attacking half.
- In the 87 minute, Gvidas Gineitis from Lithunia tried out a left footed shot from outside the BOS, it was saved in the centre of the goal. Arvydas Novikovas provided the assist.
- In 90 minutes, Artur Dolznikov (Lithuania) committed a foul.
- Bakic of Montenegro fouled in the 90+2 minute. Lithuanian midfielder Gvidas Gineitis won a free kick for his side in the defensive third.
Montenegro won the game against Lithuania 2-0.