Poland vs Czechia: Can Czechia be in the race today?
he Polish “Biało-czerwoni” have 15 victories in their last 19 European qualifiers’ home games. In home games, they have won all of the matches against the visiting teams, and they want to continue this record in this game.
However, under the newly appointed manager Michał Probierz, Poland is yet to lose in two matches. Milik, Bereszynski and Walukiewicz will not be there since they are all absentees.
The above noted problem has been compounded by injuries that has seen Matty Cash, Patryk Dziczek, and Adrian Benedyczak drop out of the training camp. However, Mateusz Łęgowski, Tymoteusz Puchacz, and Karol Struski have taken their places respectively.
National team has been defeated only once in the current qualification process. Their away performances have not been as commendable as they only scored once, in one out of three matches. This might create a problem for them today in the game against a powerful Polish team.
Let’s take a look at today’s match highlights:
- In the 1st minute, Provod (CZE) on a left-footed attempt blocked. David Doudera provided the assist.
- Fifteenth minute (long range, Poland, left foot): Poland’s Nicola Zalewski took a long range shot that sailed wide and was saved in the middle of goal. The effort was helped by Jakub Kiwior.
- Damian Szymanski of Poland fouled in the 7th minute.
- Tomás Holes have conceded a corner for Poland in the 17th minute.
- In the 21st minute, a Polish player, Robert Lewandowski, tried to pass a right-footed shot from a distance but got blocked. The shot had been assisted by Nicola Zalewski.
- The Poles tried, although not successfully, to score a goal in the crucial time of the game, which involved a left-foot shot attempt by Jakub Kiwior from outside the box, which failed to go through. He was passed the ball, headed by Jakub Piotrowski, setting up his shot. Damian Szymanski from Poland committed a foul.
- In the 28th minute, Czechia had a free kick in the left wing.
- Poles had taken lead of the game when Jan Bednarek made the first foul in minute thirty-one. David Doudera from Czechia fouled.
- On the 35 minute of play, Pawel Bochniewicz from Poland was booked with a yellow for making an offending challenge.
- It is in the 37th minute Goal! Poland leads 1-0 against Czechia. A shot from near Jakub Piotrowski of Poland into the bottom right corner of the goal using his right foot.
- The referee has said offside in the 43 minutes of play with Poland. Jakub Piotrowski made a through pass, but Karol Swiderski was in offside position when the pass was made.
- Czechia has made a substitution in the 46th minute. Tomas Cvancara is out there on the pitch, for Mojmir Chytil.
- Goal scored in the 48th minute. Poland has leveled the scores with a goal against Czechia. After a corner kick, Soucek Tomas from Czechia scored using strong right footed hitting the net’s bottom right corner.
- In the 54th minute, Adam Buksa shot to the left with the left foot outside of the box. This came up after a dead ball.
- A foul by David Zima, Czechia in 55th minute.
- However, a shot made by David Zima from Czechia in the 60th minute was directed at the goal from the central part of the box; it just passed close to the goal on the left side. It was an intervention following a corner kick and supported by Tomás Cvancára.
- Jakub Brabec from Czech has booked a yellow card in the 62nd minute for his rough foul.
- In the 68th minute, Michal Sadilek from Czechia tried to hit the ball with his left leg from the midst of the box. However, it flew to the left side and was over the goal. David Doudera provided the assist.
- A freekick in the 70th minute has gone to Vladimír Coufal of Czechia in their defensive half. The foul was committed by Nicola Zalewski from Poland.
- The shot taken from outside the box in the 72nd minute by Nicola Zalewski from Poland was blocked. Bartosz Slisz provided the assist.
- Just at the 73rd minute, substitution for Poland. On comes Kamil Grosicki who has substituted Damian Szymanski.
- The substitution for the Czechia starts at 74th minute. Now replacing Lukás Provod, Ondrej Lingr is getting into the field.
- At the 76th minute, Poland gets a free kick from the attacking half which is Adam Buksa.
- The Polish player, Kamil Grosicki, committed his foul in the 80th minute.
- In the 83rd minute Jan Bednarek fouls from Poland.
- David Doudera of Czech Republic unleashed a powerful shot from distant right in the 84th minute but missed the target by hairline at the right corner. Tomás Soucek provided the assist.
- At the 85th minutes, the substitution by Poland. In comes Sebastian Szymanski replaces Patryk Peda.
- In the 87th minute, Jakub Piotrowski from Poland took a right-footed shot towards the goal from the left side of the box, but ended up missing on the right side of the bar. Sebastian Szymanski provided the assist.
- In the 90th minute, Adam Hlozek from Czechia tried to shoot the ball with his right foot from the centre of the box, but it flew to the left side of the goal. Vladimír Coufal provided the cross.
- In the 90+2 minute of the game, one of the defenders in Czech tried to have a shot that went left of the goal from the middle of the park. Tomás Holes provided the cross.
- In the 90+3, Jakub Piotrowski fouled.
- In the 90 + 4 minute, Ondrej Lingr from Czechia tried to take left-footed shot from the right side of the box, but the goalkeeper successfully saved it in the top right corner. The headed pass came from Alex Kral.
- A free kick awarded in their opponents’ defensive half to Bartosz Slisz from Poland in the 90+5 minute.
- The 90+6 minute saw Robert Lewandowski, the Polish striker, make an attempt for goal with a header from the six-yard box only marginally off. He cross came from an assist made by Kamil Grosicki following a corner kick.
The game ended in a 1-1 result for Poland and Czechia.