Arsenal vs Burnley: Can Arsenal change their luck today?
On the other hand, Burnley’s current tally of a poor four points is far from the season that awaits them. Their performance has left little to be desired with a single win, a draw, and nine losses in their respective league. Nonetheless, they had only one away victory, Luton Town though. They are currently a troubled bunch of players that have lost 5 consecutive games for the whole league and are trying to improve things. Nevertheless, Burnley may pose a worry to Arsenal as they have never lost in their last 5 encounters with them.
Yes, even Arsenal got some problems not long ago. Arsenal were denied yet another title as the challengers beat champions 1—0 in one highly-controversial match in which var participation significantly influenced the outcome. West Ham won the next match by a score of 3-1, registering Chelsea’s second defeat of the season. However, Arsenal are proving grit by beating Sevilla 2-0 in the quarter final of the Champions league that sets them on course to advance to the following stage. Further, they need to win their coming game so as to maintain their power position in the top spots of the Premier
Let’s take a look at today’s match highlights:
- Amdouni starts the match for Burnley in the 1st minute!!
- Great goalkeeping moment in the 8th minute. Unfortunately, Michael Oliver unknowingly gets involved as he blocks Beyer’s pass to Brownhill. But Amdouni acts fast and grabs hold of the loose ball. He pushes the ball along the touchline of the box before he takes a shot which is saved by Raya diving down to tip the ball wide off the post.
- Twelve minutes later, he gets his major chance of penetrating through Burnley’s defense and takes it. Martinelli gets into an overlapping position and he manages to receive a threaded pass. On the other hand, O’Sheat is quick to identify this danger and averts any cross to be delivered into the pack.
- Save of the Century in the 20th minute. Burnley fails to clear the ball out of their defensive area. Saka tries a throughball from the right but it’s blocked. Saka kicks off with a shot for the near post but ends up missing it as the ball ricochets off Burnley’s defenders. Trafford goes all out to create another super save by tiping the ball on the cross bar and denying the goal.
- Splendid at one point in the minute 26 of Trafford! Saka heads towards the target for Arsenal is strengthening its offensive pressure. Lastly, Beyer’s last touch flies back into his area of target. Trafford instantly dives back and catches it on the goal line, saving Trafford himself from own goal.
- A chance for a goal in the 30th minute for Arsenal. Saka delivers another deadly cross into a packed 6 yards region which helps them gain their fifth penalty. He is able to achieve this, though his header goes above the crossbar as he is caught beneath the ball.
- Yet in the 31st minute another good saving by Raya!” An errant pass from Saliba following an Arsenal mistake off a long ball lets in Gudmundsson down the middle. Gudmundsson crosses it and Raya holds on to his hands in time to block it off.
- In the 32nd minute – a save from Raya. However, Burnley has put Raya on his toes after testing him with balls in each one of their four shots. He cuts in from the left, finding some space, before trying his luck from range. Nevertheless, Raya secures a good save and grabs the ball.
- Trafford saves excellently on the 36th minute. This season, Burnley had occasions in which they lost the ball into their half and then conceded a goal almost happened on another occasion. Brownhill loses possession, and he passes it for Trossard to take a shot from outside the box. Nevertheless, Trafford is determined and puts away a strong save that gets a hand on the shot in order to keep it off.
- Trossard secures it at 45+1 minutes. At one moment before half time, Burnley’s defence is already broken by Arsenal. Saka is passed through a perfect Zinchenko’s cross into the box. This time, however, Saka skilfully heads towards the near post where Trossard shows great courage by throwing body into it. He nods the ball past Trafford but hits a post in the process. It's 1-0 for Arsenal!
- After a heavy collision with a post in the 60th minute of play, Trossard carries the ball and continues playing until the 60 + 1 minute when he drops down holding his shoulder. At first, everything seems alarming as a medical team goes for aid. Nevertheless, it becomes easy because Trossard moves his hand and they suspect that he will also get better soon before returning him into the game.
- Burnley appears to be in urgent mode as Koleosho goes into top gear down the left flank with defenders trailing behind in the 47th minute. Koleosho goes straight on Raya and he easily moves into this line. Nevertheless, the corner does not offer much goal-mouth.
- Equalizer! The 54th minute by Brownhill. First, Koleosho makes a great run followed by the impression that Tomiyasu is in charge but then he misses it. Nonetheless, the attacker beats the defender to muscle, and Koleosho keeps the play on, pulls the ball back to Rodriguez. Gabriel rapidly shuts out Rodriguez, and the deflection drops to Brown hill. A super-fast VAR check confirms it a goal and so its 1:1!
- Good save by Trafford in the 56th minute! Burnley equalizes and it is looking to be a frustrating afternoon for Arsenal but they go on top-paced attack, and overwhelm Burnley. Arsenal fails to score a goal early as Trafford runs out of post to save Martinelli who had made room on the left, cutting the ball inwards for a low shot.
- Saliba does it again in the 57th minute. Burnley's equalizer doesn't last long! A perfect corner kick by Trossard as he delivers a spot-on cross on the goal line. Trafford fails to clear way and that gives Saliba a chance and he smashes it past him from just inside the penalty area. It's 2-1 for Arsenal!
- This was an expected switch for Arsenal’s before their goal in the 59th minute, and it is one that arsenal will be able to accomplish. The coach has replaced Havertz with Vieira.
- In the 67th minute, Trossard almost found himself in a promising area near the box, but a loss of control prevented him from taking advantage of that situation. Yet, O’Shea in a way accidentally gave Rice an opportunity to score a first hit. However, for wolves, the shot hit the post with two inches wide of the post.
- Still in the 69th minute, Arsenal keeps getting more corner kicks for Trossard, who gets another opportunity to shoot. Berge clears this far corner with an excellent clearance shot.
- In the 74th minute, Zinchenko scores an incredible goal for Arsenal! Following a corner delivered by Trossard, O'Shea heads the ball against the crossbar. The rebound falls in front of Zinchenko, who leaps up and volleys it with a karate kick-like technique into the far top corner. A stunning goal that extends Arsenal's lead to 3-1!
- In the 78th minute, Burnley is under pressure as Arsenal continues to win corners. Trafford pushes away Trossard's latest delivery, but the pressure from Arsenal remains relentless.
- In the 80th minute, Burnley makes a double change, bringing on Bruun Larsen for Koleosho.
- In the 83rd minute, Vieira has been sent off after a poor challenge on Brownhill, leaving Arsenal with 10 men for the remainder of the game.
- In the 87th minute, O'Shea's header from Burnley's corner lands on the roof of the net and doesn't trouble Raya.
- In the 90th minute, the match has entered six minutes of added time, and Burnley is on the attack, showing belief despite being a man down. Arsenal's defense remains resolute.
- In the 90+2 minute, an off-the-ball incident occurred between Gabriel and Rodriguez in the box. The defender pushed Rodriguez, who retaliated with an arm. VAR reviewed it and found no further action needed.
- In the 90+3 minute, Gudmundsson receives the first yellow card of the game for impeding Rice's run by stepping across him.
- In the 90+7 minute, Jorginho is down and receiving treatment after being caught by Kiwior as Arsenal defended a Burnley attack. He's holding his head and in need of attention.
And that’s all! It’s all over. Arsenal won the match against Burnley and have dominated the entire game through the 90 minutes. Did you guys enjoy this match? Stay tuned for more!