Brighton vs Sheffield Utd: Can Sheffield United continue their winning streak today?
Talking about Manchester United, they are at the base of the Premier League table with just four points after their first eleven games. They just beat Wolves though, and if they bag another victory for their next assignment, they can leave the relegation zone.
However, Brighton is placed in eighth position and scored two consecutive wins over Ajax in the Europe league. Nevertheless, they are struggling in the Premier League, having failed to claim a single victory in their last five outings. Notably, Brighton hasn’t beaten Manchester united home in the league since May 1987.
Let’s take a look at today’s highlights:
- In the 1st minute, the referee has blown the whistle, and the match has started with United kicking off!
- In the 6th minute, Adingra scores! One nothing and Brighton started very well. Adingra makes a move inside from the left in the sixth and runs powerfully into penalty zone. Buonanotte is then punched by a brilliant one-two from him which he follows with an equally cool one-on-one goal against Foderingham.
- In the 12th minute, Brighton have now netted in their 12th successive Premier League game. Nevertheless, they will be seeking to snap a second string and scoreless in twelve successive Premier League matches. Since Liverpool last managed to win a league title in 1966, no other team in English top flight has ever matched such achievement.
- In the 15th minute, it’s a great save! Brighton, however, scores past the United defense with a through ball by Buonanotte for Fati. Unfortunately, Foderingham jumps off and makes a quick, sharp, reflex save to deny him.
- In the 19th minute, Brighton is doing a good job of keeping possession of the ball and building momentum towards scoring the second goal and Heckingbottom the manager is watching from the sidelines. The Blades should now respond and change the course of the game in such a way for them to win the match.
- In the 27th minute, the box is under pressure by Brighton through a dangerous free-kick. The Manchester United defense however proves to be alert and just clears the ball out of their penalty area stopping Brighton from having an opportunity to score.
- In the 36th minute, Vinicius who has just received a long throw, is now down on the field and needs medication. As a result, the game has been halted until he recovers. The medics are tending the Manchester United midfielder who is apparently clutching his back.
- In the 41st minute, following the corner, Bogle attempts a long-range shot, but his ambitious effort misses the target and doesn't pose any threat to Steele, the Brighton goalkeeper.
- In the 45+2 minute, Bogle has been shown the first yellow card of the game for a late sliding challenge on Adingra.
- In the 45+3 minute, Facundo Valentín Buonanotte has received a yellow card.
- A great effort! Foderingham has his wits about him and punches away a free-kick. Gilmour receives the ball, which he gets the chance to shoot from a distance of 30 yards. He makes a diving volley that goes into the net, and the goalkeeper is compelled to parry it over the barline.
- In the 46th minute, Brighton makes two changes at halftime. The first substitution sees Buonanotte, who provided the assist for the opening goal, replaced by Joao Pedro.
- In the 52nd minute, Manchester United is making an early substitution in the second half. Vinicius, who sustained an injury during the first half, is being replaced by Osborn.
- In the 59th minute, a close call! Gross makes a long throw to the back post and there is a player there called Van Hecke. The center-half headers it down towards the ground but it flies over the cross-bar and just goes close to the post.
- In the 61st minute, a good save by Foderingham! Brighton immediately tries a fast break after giving up the ball. Fati quickly sends the ball to Mitoma on the left who skillfully escapes a tackle and takes a narrow angle shot. Foderingham however manages to save it and deflects if behind for a corner.
- In the 66th minute, Adingra has been shown a yellow card after a tangle with Thomas.
- In the 69th minute, Dahoud, Brighton is down to ten men, gets a straight red card. It looked as if his foot had stepped over Osborn’s ankle but somehow it appeared accidental. But the referee considered it a foul and he was sent off.
- In the 71st minute, Brighton makes a substitution, with Anssumane Fati Vieira being replaced by Joël Ivo Veltman.
- In the 74th minute, it's an own-goal! The score is now 1-1! He scores an own goal of the webster. United have the extra man who immediately begins to yield some fruits, and they appear rejuvenated. Webster tries to clear the ball and heads it into the webster’s own net as bogle had drilled the ball across the six yard box.
- In the 77th minute, Baleba is shown a yellow card by the referee after catching McAtee late with a challenge.
- In the 80th minute, Brighton is also coming hard at United and they are not ready to settle for a draw. United’s defense faces immense pressure due to the hosts attacking whenever there is a chance.
- In the 85th minute, Anis Ben Slimane comes on as a substitute for James John McAtee.
- In the 88th minute, Jack Robinson receives a yellow card from the referee.
- In the 90+1 minute, right in the first of additional 5-minute periods, which are added at the end of the game, Brighton receives a free-kick on the very edge of the penalty box. Baleba fouls Thomas, promising chance for the hosts.
The final whistle goes off on the ground, which means that the match has finally ended. It ends up in a draw, which means there are no winners in this match. It was really an exciting game to watch. Hope you would have enjoyed the thrill of this match now. Stay tuned for more!