Denmark vs Slovenia: Will Denmark defeat Slovenia Today?
The Denmark team is performing impressively in the Euro 2024 qualifiers. They have won 6 matches, drawn one, and lost 1 of those 8 games. They are currently in second place in Group H with 19 points. Nevertheless, they should refrain from relaxing since Kazakhstan occupies the third position and is only four points away from being among the top two players in this tournament. Denmark has emerged winners for the last four games; in their previous match, they defeated San Marino by 2-1.
In Group H, Slovenia is also doing well. It has 19 points and leads the group by four points over Kazzhkstan at number three. Although they have fewer resources than many other teams, Slovenia’s results have been commendable. They have defeated all four opponents they met in the latest matches, including the Northern Ireland side in a 1-0 win. Similarly, Slovenia must remain attentive as they could not afford to unwind prematurely during qualification.
Let’s take a look at today’s match highlights:
- In the 2nd minute of the match, Poulsen Yussuf, a Danish player, causes a foul. Consequently, Erik Janza kicks the ball from Slovenia's free-kick into the goalkeeper’s box.
- The 4th minute of the game finds Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg, a player from Denmark, awarded a free kick inside his penalty box. It happened when Erik Janza of Slovenia fouled him.
- In the 5th minute, Cerin gives away a free-kick for his team as he fouls Denmark’s striker and the latter is granted possession of the ball in the attacking half of the field.
- In the 7th minute, Janza is conceded with a corner for Erik Janza giving out.
- It is in the 8th minute when Johannes Mæhle of Denmark kicks a right-footed shot from outside the box where the goalkeeper has to save the ball above the top corner.
- In the 11th minute, Christian Norgaard stopped Jonas Wind from scoring in the bottom right corner after he made a header from the center of the box that he assisted.
- For Denmark, Thomas Delaney also got an opportunity following a near-miss off center from the middle, which flew above into another direction – far to the right and thus missed the crossbar for not scoring a goal.
- In the 14th minute, Wind took another right-footed center shot and saved it in the middle of the goal.
- In the 15th minute, Jakav Bijol made a foul for Slovenia, and Yussuf Poulsen received a free kick towards Denmark’s attacker zone.
- The 22nd minute saw Jonas Wind foul ERik Janza on the halfway line, and he scored a free kick for Denmark.
- In the 23rd minute, Benjamin Seso from Slovenia committed a foul, and again, it was another free kick for Denmark. In this case, Joachim Andersen won a set piece in their half.
- In the 25th minute, Denmark scores a goal against Slovenia, going up 1-0. Mæhle scored on a right-footed shot from six meters out to the right of the goal.
- After scoring a goal in the 26th minute, Slovenia was seen offside. Benjamin Sesko got a thorough pass by Erik Janza at an illegal position.
- One minute after that, Zan Vipotnik was fouled by Yussuf Poulsen on the right side and this led to the opportunity of a free kick for Slovene. From the 27th minute, Vipotnik managed another free kick for his team in the attacking half, resulting from Thomas Delaney’s foul.
- In the 29th minute, however, the game changed when Slovenia equalized with a lovely goal by Erik Janza, who finished with his left foot from a free-kick on the curling side into the top right corner of Danish’s goal. This leveled the match at 1-1, giving Slovenia confidence that they would win.
- In the 31st minute of the game, Timi Elsnik from Slovenia commits a foul that is deemed as reckless or unfair and receives a warning in the form of a yellow card.
- In the 34th minute, Zan Karnicnik of Slovenia gets a free kick from midfield because Thomas Delaney fouled him from Denmark.
- In the 35th minute, Yusuver Benjamin Verbic from Slovenia commits a foul, while Yunis Yusuver Poulsen from Denmark receives a free kick in the attacking half.
- The Slovenian team’s Timi Elsnik gets a free kick in his defensive zone when he becomes the victim of a foul by Christian Norgaard from Denmark in the 37th minute. Then comes Nørgaard’s free-kick earned in the defensive half following a foul by Elsnik on him.
- Time pauses after the injury of Benjamin Verbic, a player from Slovenia, in the 40th minute. After just one minute, Vipotnik fouls for Denmark’s corner kick.
- At minute 43, Erik Janza of Slovenia receives a free kick in the middle of his half due to foul play by Victor Kristiansen of Denmark.
- Jaca Byjol concedes a corner for Slovenia at the end of the 44th minute, favoring Denmark.
- In the 45th minute, the referee gave an advantage to the Slovenian team as Benjamin Verbic got a free kick in defense resulting from a foul by Joakim Mæhle from the Danish side. The two sides were level at 1-1 when play was halted in the first half.
- A substitution for Denmark occurred in the 45th minute of the game. In place of Christian Nørgaard, Mathias Jensen entered the pitch.
- It was in the 46th minute when Erik Janza fouled for the Slovene side. This led to Dan getting a free kick for Yussuf Poulsen from Denmark in their defensive half.
- Then, in the 48th minute, Yussuf Poulsen from Denmark passed the ball with his left foot from the center of the penalty box.
- However, in the 48th minute there came a corner-kick for Slovenia. Andreas Christensen of Denmark conceded a corner kick.
- A penalty corner for Denmark was awarded in the 50th minute of play. Jaka Bijol on the side of Slovenia gave away a corner kick.
- A corner kick by Yussuf from Poulsen from Denmark to the right at the six-yard mark just missed topping the goal’s upper right corner. The assist made it through a cross by Mathias Jensen after the corner kick.
- Once again, Denmark received a corner kick in the 52nd minute of play. The Slovenia team gave a corner kick that Jan Oblak conceded.
- In the 52nd minute, Vipotnik of the Slovenia team gave away a corner kick for Denmark.
- A goal for the Danes was made one minute after that – in the 53rd minute. This was immediately followed by the Corner-kick, which culminated in Thomas Delaney from Denmark hitting a left-footed shot from the center of the box. Denmark now leads Slovenia 2-1.
- In the 54th minute, opponent Slovenia was called back for offside. Zan Karnicnik attempted a through ball to which Zan Vipotnik had taken the wrong side.
- Denmark also suffered an offside in the 55th minute. Joakim Mæhle was offside when Throgh Ball by Mathias Jensen.
- Jaka Bijol fouled in the 56th minute. Hence, Yussuf Poulsan from Denmark got a free kick on the right wing.
- The shot saved from Danish defender Jannik Vestergaard was attempted in the 57th minute.
- It was in minute 58 when Adam Cerin of Slovenia fouled, and Thomas Delaney of Denmark got a free kick on the right.
- Two substitutions for Slovenia were made in their 61st minute. Therefore, in place of these players were Jasmin Kurtic (for Timi Elsnik)and Vanja Drkusic (instead of Ekrik Janza).
- Jan Mlakar, of the Slovenia team, fouled Denmark’s corner in the 62nd minute, leading to an awarded free-kick for Denmark.
- There were offsides on the side of Denmark in the 67th minute. Yussuf Poulsen was offside when Jonas Wind tried a through ball.
- Adam Cerin (Slovenia) fouled in the 68th minute. A free kick in his team’s defense half goes to Yussuf Poulsen from Denmark.
- In the 69th minute, Vanja Drkusic of Slovenia earned a free kick in their defensive side. This happened against Victor Kristiansen of Denmark, who had committed a foul.
- The Danish player Joakim Maele committed a foul in the 71st minute.
- Slovenia made two substitutions in the 72nd minute. Jon Gorenc Stankovic substituted Benjamin Sesko, while Sandi Lovric replaced Benjamin Verbic. Additionally, there was a foul against Zan Vipotnik from Slovenia, while Andreas Christensen had one for his team’s defense area.
- In the 74th minute, Miha Blazic from Slovenia got a penalty after a foul on him by Jonas Wind of Denmark. In addition, they replaced Morten Hjulmand for Thomas Delaney in Denmark.
- In the 76th minute, a goal by Slovenia was ruled on as an own goal due to offsides. However, the Zan Vipotnik stood off-side when the Zan Karnicnik tried to pass a through ball.
- Yussuf Poulsen from Denmark tried a right-footed shot from outside the box at the end of the 76th minute, caught in the upper right corner. Jonas Wind helped to execute the shot.
- In the 78th minute, Jan Oblak from Slovenia conceded a corner that Denmark was awarded.
- Denmark received yet another corner conceded by Jan Oblak from Slovenia in the 77th minute.
- Moreover, the match had to be interrupted for a few minutes due to Morten Hjulmand’s injury during the 81st minute.
- Slovenia won a free kick for Sandi Lovic in their defense in 84 minutes. This resulted from a foul committed by Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg out of Denmark.
- In the 85th minute, there were several substitutions:
- Denmark substituted Kristiansen with Rasmus Kristensen.
- Denmark replaced Jonas Wind with Kasper Dolberg.
- Slovenia replaced Jan Mlakar with Miha Zajc.
- A free kick was given to Yussuf Poulsen from Denmark in their half following a foul by Miha Blazic from Slovenia in the 89th minute.
- Denmark introduced a substitute in the 90th minute. Jesper Lindstrøm substituted Yussuf Poulsen because he also suffered a knockout.
- Denmark’s Joakim Mæhle conceded a corner kick for the Slovenia team.
- In 90+3 minutes, Adam Cerin of Slovenia made a far-reaching shot with his right foot after a corner, but it came out high.
Hence, the game ended at full-time, with the Danish team triumphing with a score of 2/1 over