Manchester United vs Chelsea: Can Manchester United Win The Match Today After 3 Losses?
The match between two big English football sides, Manchester United and Chelsea will be played tomorrow. The two sides have not been fairing well this season and at present they are middle of the table.
The season has been hard for both teams, with many games that did not go as planned. Despite having an expensive squad worth £1 billion, Manchester United’s coach, Mauricio Pochettino, has had to contend with so many injuries that have resulted in a huge depletion of the team’s personnel. Erik ten Hag, Chelsea’s coach is also having several issues and the likelihood is that he also will be sacked.
When their next game comes the winning side will not solve all their problems, only give them a little breather in what has been a busy December schedule.
When and where the match is going to be held?
The Manchester United vs. Chelsea match will be held on Wednesday, December 6, 2023, with a kick-off time at 8: 15 pm GMT. The match is played at Old Trafford in Salford.
Where can you watch the match?
The match between Manchester United vs. Chelsea match:
- TV Channel: You can watch the game live in the UK through Amazon Prime Video.
- Live Stream: Additionally, subscribers can stream the contest live through Amazon prime video app and website.
- Live Blog: You can also track everything that happens at the stadium live through standard sport’s blog with comment from Nizaar Kinsella at the stadium.
Team News: Manchester United vs Chelsea
- Mason Mount doubts his fitness to play against his previous team. He is fit but there may not be any assurance that he will start because he has had challenges even after the Summer transfer.
- The list of injured Manchester United players remains unchanged and comprises of Lisandro Martinez, Casemiro, Christian Eriksen, Jonny Evans, Tyrell Malacia, and Amad Diallo.
- Jadon Sancho remains unavailable for selection.
- Following an unconvincing display against Newcastle, Rasmus Hjaludn and Antony could replace Marcus Rashford and Anthony Martial.
- Chelsea’s captain Reece James has returned after serving a one match suspension.
- The other is Marc Cucurella for Chelsea.
- Conor Gallagher receives a red card, making him suspended.
Team updates during these days inform on possible line-ups and player statuses for this game.
Below are important details about the match to be played between Manchester United and Chelsea match:
- Manchester United has lost to Chelsea only once in 11 league games conducted since November 2017.
- In May 2013, Chelsea’s last Premiership success on tour against Manchester United at Old Trafford, there have been six draws and four defeats.
- These two teams have recorded the greatest number of Premier League draws in league history; an impressive total of 26.
- In the last five Premier league home matches, Manchester United has lost three.
- The team has scored only 27 goals in the first half of the seven home league games this season.
- In their last 21 league matches, they have won 13 times and lost in eight games without a single draw since April.
- Rashford has only scored twice in 18 games in the current season and has failed to get a goal in any of his 10 appearances in Old Trafford.
- This year, Chelsea have lost 16 out of of 37 league matches, one of their biggest losses in a single year since 1993.
- In their last four away league games, they have won three of them, something that they had not done in their previous 16 times on the road (D5, L9).
- In 10 midweek games in the Premier League, Chelsea has lost five times and have won only once. The last six midweek matches, all of which were played on Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursday have resulted in three draws and two defeats.
- In seven league games, the team has failed to keep a clean sheet while conceding 16 goals.
- Manchester United denied Raheem Sterling a chance to score in all the 24 matches that he played against them in both the leagues and cups.
The statistics shed some light on the history and nature of the two sides involved in this match up